"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

TTT: Some of my favorite Jane Austen Quotes



Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite quotes.

Since I've done this "assignment" before for TTT here, here, here, and here, I am modifying my list to just include  some favorite quotes from Jane Austen found in her books or her letters.

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.” 
― Jane AustenNorthanger Abbey

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” 
― Jane AustenPride and Prejudice

“Angry people are not always wise.” 
― Jane AustenPride and Prejudice

“but for my own part, if a book is well written, I always find it too short.” 
― Jane Austen

“You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you.” 
― Jane AustenPersuasion

“My idea of good company...is the company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company.' 
'You are mistaken,' said he gently, 'that is not good company, that is the best.” 
― Jane AustenPersuasion

“I have been used to consider poetry as "the food of love" said Darcy.

"Of a fine, stout, healthy love it may. Everything nourishes what is
strong already. But if it be only a slight, thin sort of inclination, I
am convinced that one good sonnet will starve it entirely away.” 
― Jane AustenPride and Prejudice

“If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.” 
― Jane AustenEmma

“Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings.” 
― Jane AustenMansfield Park

“Know your own happiness. You want nothing but patience- or give it a more fascinating name, call it hope.” 
― Jane AustenSense and Sensibility

“We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be.” 
― Jane AustenMansfield Park

“I will not say that your mulberry trees are dead; but I am afraid they're not alive. ” 
― Jane AustenJane Austen's Letters

“Oh! I am delighted with the book! I should like to spend my whole life in reading it.” 
― Jane AustenNorthanger Abbey

“What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance.” 
― Jane Austen

“The Very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone” 
― Jane AustenLove and Friendship


4 comments:

  1. Love your spin on this week's topic. I have a Jane Austen on my list too; had a hard time picking just one since there are soooo many amazing ones. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a great writer, and full of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Jane Asuten. :) Great choices.

    My TTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pride and Prejudice-nice post!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.