"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, March 5, 2018

It is Classics Club SPIN time again.

Yay! The Classics Club SPIN is back.

Make a list of 20 classic books you want to read and number them. On Friday, March 9th, the spin number will be announced. Check that number against your list. That is the book you will read and hopefully finish by April 30th.

I love participating in the SPINS. They force me to read these excellent classic books and link me with a community of people who are also reading a classic book.

To get started, create your list. If you have a blog or Facebook account, publish the list. Then stay tuned until the spin number is announced on Friday and get reading!

For more details, see The Classics Club link.

Here is my list. If you'd like to join me and read the same book, I'd love it.

Title
Author
Number
Bastard Out of Carolina
Allison, Dorothy
1
Agnes Grey
Bronte, Anne
2
Kindred
Butler, Octavia
3
If On a Winter's Night a Traveler
Calvino, Italo
4
Death Comes for the Archbishop
Cather, Willa
5
Moonstone, The
Collins, Wilkie
6
Tale of Two Cities, The
Dickens, Charles
7
Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The
Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan
8
Name of the Rose, The
Eco, Umberto
9
Silas Marner
Eliot, George
10
Man's Search for Meaning
Frankel, Viktor
11
Cranford
Gaskill, Elizabeth
12
Scarlet Letter, The
Hawthorne, Nathaniel
13
Stranger in a Strange Land
Heinlein, Robert
14
Dune
Herbert, Frank
15
Hiroshima
Hershey, John
16
Talented Mr. Ripley, The
Highsmith, Patricia
17
Suite Française
Nimerovsky, Irene
18
Wild Sargasso Sea
Rhys, Jean
19
Grapes of Wrath, The
Steinbeck, John
20

























The titles in red are those I want to read the most right now and the ones in blue I want to read the least, which of course doesn't mean anything but I thought you might want to know! Ha!


And the spin # is.....

Drum roll, please...


#3.


I will be reading Kindred by Octavia Butler.

I've long heard about this book and this author, so I am excited to get started on it.





4 comments:

  1. I've recently added Hiroshima to my TBR pile, but I'm not ready to tackle it yet. If you were to consider moving Cranford to spot 19 and The Talented Mr Ripley to 11 we could share the possibility of reading 2 books together :-)

    I read several of the Dune books back in my early 20's. They keep appearing on blogs and lists everywhere atm, I'm thinking the universe is telling me its time for a re-rerad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read several of these. I would most like to read #11. I've loved Frankl's quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindred is SO GOOD. You're in for a treat!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.