"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, September 15, 2017

Welcome, Ian!

Welcome to our family, Ian.


Ian Bennett Adams born September 13, 2017
Parents, Dan and Rita Adams.
Grandparents: Rick and Nancy Adams / Don and Anne Bennett (us)

For I.B.A., 13th September, 2017

Ian Bennett Adams is here,
Sing joy, rejoice and celebrate!
For perfect love doth cast out fear;
All heaven laughs to mark this date,
Rejoice, rejoice,
With merry voice,
A guardian angel takes his place
To help this darling grow in grace.

Ian Bennett Adams has come!
His rosy lips move: taste and see!
He makes this groping world his home;
He curls his fingers, sucks with glee,
Is here, is here,
Beloved and dear
To all he made to watch and wait.
Rejoice! Rejoice! and celebrate!

(Adapted from the poem:
For M.S.J., 20th June, 1968
by Madeleine L'Engle)

7 comments:

  1. He is wonderful! Rita and Dan look so delighted. I know you are already in love with him. If he is over at your house, text me so I can come over and hold him. I adore babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! Yes. We are all falling in love. What a gift!

      Delete
  2. Hi Anne and family,

    Congratulations! You must all be so proud and you couldn't have chosen a nicer name, as it is also my brother's name (his middle name is Stewart).

    Enjoy the time you spend with him :)

    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love the name Ian (it was the boy name I had picked out just in case). You all must be over the moon with love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Grandma!!! How exciting! Your first grandchild, right? Hope you are enjoying him - he's beautiful!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.